With the slogan of “Engineering the future” SAQS has identified few key policy priorities. These areas of policy, which are addressed in more detail later in this document, can be summarized as follows:
- To be the full signatory of Washington Accord & Work for regional standardization (south –south) of engineering education in collaboration of FEIAP and UNESCO
- Equal opportunity for every region of Pakistan to lead PEC
- Gender is mainstreaming and appropriate representation in governing body and reducing the experience limit from 20 years. It will help PEC to benefit with the talent of young engineers in policy making to keep up the pace with rapidly changing technology & trends.
- Formation of Young Engineers’ Society YES-Pakistan under the umbrella of PEC Act & by laws
- Efforts for Housing Societies for Engineers in major cities
- Physical realization of Academia-Industry linkage through national dialogue for developing a roadmap with stake holders.
- Efforts for opening opportunities of Apprenticeship for fresh graduates in the leading engineering organizations of Pakistan. More events like Job Fair every year in major cities for the jobs of registered engineers in national and international organizations.
- More CPD programs every year for real capacity building of fresh graduates.
- Continual Improvement in Election Process