International Participation and Meetings
- Pakistan has been elected as FEIAP member
- PEC became Provisional Signatory of Washington Accord of International Engineering Alliance
- PEC gained Provisional Membership of International Provisional Engineers
- Organized the 5th World Engineering Congress (WEC-2013)
- Pakistan Day hosted by PEC in collaboration with Pakistan Embassy UAE in Dubai. The event was graced by Crown Prince of Dubai and several Ambassadors of different countries.
- Organized 1st International Young Engineers Convention (FIICIYEC-2014)
- Visit to Washington Accord Signatory countries to seek support for Pakistan
- Hosting of National Dialogue and International Meeting on “Developing the roadmap on Engineering Qualification Standardization” Preparing Future Engineers for Sustainable Development, in collaboration with UNESCO (ISTIC), FEIAP & ECOSF at PEC Head quarters Islamabad on 9-10th Jan 2015.
Continuing Professional Development – CPD Activities:
For the professional growth and skill development of engineers in the country, PEC has formulated a framework of “Continuing Professional Development” under CPD By-laws 2008 to enhance competence and ability of engineers leading towards international competitiveness and job opportunities.
PEC regularly organizes short courses, seminars, and trainings for engineers in different disciplines. In 2011, 755 engineers participated in 32 such activities. Whereas, in 2012, 3532 engineers attended 100 activities and in 2013, the rate went up to 6847 engineers attending 131 professional development activities. In the year 2014, 260 CPD courses were conducted who benefited more than 10,000 engineers. In order to impart CPD activities to the large community of engineers, PEC has registered 82 professional organizations and universities as Professional Engineering Bodies.
Efforts for Engineers’ Welfare:
For the welfare of engineers, the Governing Body under the enterprising and dynamic leadership of Chairman, Engr. Syed Abdul Qadir Shah, and Vice Chairman, Engr. Mukhtar Ali Sheikh, Pakistan Engineering Council’s Public Relations Committee has taken several new initiatives. It is hoped that these will be of paramount interest to all Engineers irrespective of gender and age.
- Introduction of Smart Cards and fee reduction from 5000 PKR to 2000 PKR.
- Introduction of Security Grade paper for printing of PEC registration certificate.
- Provision of life membership for registered Engineer (RE).
- Digitization and Online Registration in progress
- Introduction of Security Grade paper for printing of PEC registration certificate
- To facilitate the stay of its members, PEC has planned to build room accommodation facilities in the form of messes, hostels and guest houses.
- PEC has signed a memorandum of understanding with the United Insurance Company of Pakistan for providing health insurance to its members.
- Introduction of “best final year project award” in Engineering Universities
- Development of Academy of Engineers to give employment to young Engineers to provide job opportunities to fresh graduates
- Interactive Website and Facebook
- Internship to Fresh Engineers through PEC – At present there are 106 Engineering universities and institutes which are registered with PEC. Around ten thousand Engineers graduate from these institutions every year. PEC feels that for optimum utilization of these talents of these fresh graduates there is a need that before they start their professional carrier they need to be imparted practical training commonly termed as internship.
- A comprehensive magazine is being published on quarterly basis containing articles on emerging trends, PEC activities, eminent engineers and successful engineering organizations.
- Social gatherings and Eid reunion of engineers are being arranged in different cities of Pakistan like Karachi, Quetta, Sukkhur, Hyderabad and etc.
- Inauguration of regional PEC office in Khuzdar
- The Committee is working to develop links with the Pakistani High Commissions in the Middle East and other countries to create jobs for engineers in such countries.
- The members of Public Relation Committee have put their individual efforts to sign agreements for facilitation of engineers at business outlets in Pakistan. Many agreements have been signed with hotels, restaurants, courier service, medical and insurance companies which provide discounted services to engineers holding PEC card.
- The Committee continually organizes sports events for engineers and engineering students at district and provincial level.
- The Committee has raised the issue of unemployment of engineers and is working to formulate salary and service structure for fresh engineers employed with several private sector organizations in Pakistan.
- Engineers accredited for their competency, efficiency and ingenuity by Pakistan Engineering Council are working in various organization in Pakistan and other countries.
- MoUs were signed with several big organizations like CEO club network, Stanton Chase and ADAM Consulting.
- A PEC branch is now launched as Engineers of Pakistan in Emirates- EPE. 17 Pakistani engineers are hired in telecom companies of UAE recently.
- The PR Committee-PEC has organized a combo of events as the JOB FAIR 2014. The activities like Walkin interviews, recruitment test, seminars, Science Fair and etc were conducted and received overwhelming response.
- Over 500 engineers got the national and international job opportunities as a result and this hiring process is still on.
- Signed a MoU with Turkish Airlines to provide the easy travelling option & solution to the engineers.